Thursday, May 21, 2009

These past three days....

I've only been in London for three days now and it feels like I never left. Suprisingly, I remember my way around quite well, which is a benefit to me and everyone else!! The flight was good except there was a crying baby in front of me, and we all know how I feel about that. We got to London around 7:30 AM (2:30 Eastern Time) and took the bus into central London to the Dilke House. After being issued our oyster cards (transportation) I went to Pret a Manger with Andrea and Jaime to grab some food. After we ate, we decided to browse Primarck... but we were so beat we hardly even looked. Sinead got us a taxi to our homestay where we hungout for the rest of the day, but of course I had to go back to our favorite haunt, O'neills, which by now is pretty much a Radford Media/School of Comm legend. After it closed, no one wanted to go home so we went to cafe loco and chatted with some locals. The night ended with a 2:30 AM chicken sandwich and then finally SLEEP.

Wednesday we had orientation at ULU which was boring but informative. Andrea, Jaime, Rob, Ben and I went to the Italian Coffee Co. for lunch, you can't beat 4.50 (pounds) for a whole pizza!! After that I grabbed some raspberries on the street and the group went for a tour of London with my favorite tour guide, Bob Craig. He knows pretty much everything and adds humor to the most boring information. We took a tour of St. Paul's Cathedral which was interesting... I liked the Mosaics on the ceiling and the American Chapel. I wish we could have gone to the top but everyone was really tired and the bus was leaving. Andrea and I stopped at a Chinese restaurant on the way home and I had the most delicious Wonton Soup, and her Hot and Sour soup was soooo good, it had shrimp in it! After we ate, we went home and I fell asleep at 9:30.

This morning I had an interview with my Internship company, Shoot Experience. It was reletively easy to get to, except AIFS gave me the wrong directions!!! I had to ask a few people how to get there because of several roundabouts/forks in the road. I finally got there a few minutes early and met with the CEO. It is a very small company but I am really excited to start working with them, apparently I will be helping them market their treasure hunts. I was given the treasure hunt to actually go out and do, which I am very excited about because it gives you a different perspective of London. After my interview, I took the journey back to Muswell and made a sandwich, then took the journey to central London to tour the British Museum and British Library. I've already seen everything we peeped at the British Museum, but the Library was very cool, and exceeded my expectations. The room we went to in the library had the Gutenberg Bible, the Magna Carta, the original written copy of Alice in Wonderland, several Beatles songs which most were scribbled on something random, and more really old original maps, manuscripts, etc. Got my favorite pizza again for dinner, and now i'm here. I believe we are going to Oneill's tonight for we must be at the Tower of London tomorrow morning at 9:45, and it takes over an hour to get there.

I will update tomorrow, but it might not be until Tuesday because Andrea, Rob, Ben and I are going to AMSTERDAM on saturday!!!!!!

Cheers,
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment