Monday, June 22, 2009

I've been here for awhile.

So I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, because life has been quite crazy. I'm in my last week of my internship and it has been great. I've been mostly keywording and checking photographs for the Shootbank, but I have been asked to come up with a marketing plan for the site, so I've been working on that. The weekends have been really fun, Shopping, parks, dinner, ULU Fridays, and Camden town. This past weekend was very eventful, Saturday we went to Portobello Road for the markets and I got some cool stuff... Sgt. Pepper's on vinyl for £5, a really cool antique map of the world, and a roast pork and rocket sandwich (so good). We also trekked to Wembley which I was quite disappointed because all we did was look at it, we weren't allowed inside. Oh well...

After that we went to Abbey Road and wrote on the wall, and walked across the same crosswalk the Beatles did for their album cover. I was kind of disappointed in the fact there was no street sign actually saying Abbey Road/City of Westminster. After that we ate at Oneill's at King's Cross, (Irish Sausages and Colcannon, yum) and then Just hung out in Alexandra Park for all of us were tired from the day. While we were in the park we spotted these things that were flying on fire, and we still have no idea what it was. Talk about wierd...

Sunday I had a bit of a lie-in and then headed to the Southbank for Tortilla and the Tate Modern. I was pretty disappointed in the fact that Tortilla was CLOSED... I totally wanted a burrito. So Sam and I went and had a pub lunch, I finally had my Sunday Roast!!! It was so good, Roast Beef with horseradish sauce, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatos, carrots, cauliflower and cabbage. When we were done eating we went to the Tate Modern, and then met up with the boys and Susie who went to the movieum. We decided to go eat dinner somewhere and found a place on the Strand called the Pitcher and the Piano, where the food was decent. I was tired and it was around 9 when we left, so Rob, Ben and I made the journey on the Northern Line home to Muswell Hill, where I watched Dead Man on Campus and fell asleep.

This morning I woke up just in time to get ready and go to work. I've been taking the First Capital Connect train to Old Street, which is so much more convenient than the tube, for it only takes 10 minutes and I don't need to change trains. (If I took the tube, I would have to take the Victoria to King's Cross and change to the Northern line, edgeware branch) I've been checking someone's keywording of a photo event and now I'm on lunch. I haven't been to the bank today so I'm eating a classic POT NOODLE, actually more decent than Cup'o noodles, except the fact it has egg in it, gross.

This is my last week in London, so we're going to make it a good one. A few things on the agenda are the London Eye, a River cruise, and a West End show. I'm hoping Sam can also get another ticket to one of her PR events so I can accompany her.

I will update again ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment